10 July 2006

too much on my mind...

i have way too many thoughts to adequately focus on any single thing. so here goes:

  • i went clothes shopping yesterday. clothes shopping has been incredibly frustrating lately, as no clothiers seem to make a mens' waist size less than 30 inches these days. i've written about this before. and it sucks. i'm reduced to wearing shorts with holes, because i can't find anything that fits. and i'm not that freakin' small! frustrating...

    but i had some luck at the gap this weekend. my first new pair of shorts in a couple years. even some good jeans. still nothing i can wear to a meeting at work. but something. and i've been wearing the same size for 15 years - except now i'm somehow an inch smaller in the waist. and five pounds heavier. damn that working out!

  • the neighbor's house is "under contract." which mildly reduces the pain of k's parents movin a half-mile away in less than a month. and, apparently, k moving a mile away in the other direction the same weekend. oh lord...

  • tattoo update: none really. that comes tomorrow, when i meet with an artist. we'll see - i want to trust someone to do what i'm looking for. otherwise, no ink...

  • ian's out of town this week. which sucks. the sleeping in is nice, but the difference between 6:30 and 7:00 does not make up for the absence of his smile. he left yesterday morning, and my - how i miss him...

  • i still can't slow down, although i'll keep trying. i set off on a 5-mile, easy run tonite - and went out at a 7:48 pace. somehow, two miles later i ran 7:30. this was not what i wanted to do. i managed to push myself to a 10k, with an average split of 7:58. but i wanted more along the lines of 8:30. i'm a stubborn, competetive idiot. oh well - next time...

  • 1 comment:

    Rice said...

    I have been in the same boat with the idea of getting a new tat. http://ricemantoironman.blogspot.com/2006/06/show-us-your-tats.html I’m going to go and get the one on my shoulder redone this summer because it is our tenth anniversary so I thought it could use a little newness. I might bight the bullet on the one on my arm as well, there was some cover up done on that one and I never got the color all finished because the original artist died on me.

    I want to get one for my sons name too. I’m going to get it on the back of my forearm. Likely in Japanese or Chinese symbols but my wife says if I’m going to do that I should wait till he is old enough to go with me and know what I am doing, this made scene to me. So I wait. I have never waited less then two years after deciding to get a tattoo to actually going out and getting it. Not out of fear but like you I like to have meaning.

    Cheers.

    Rice.