07 July 2006

entering psychosis...

so i'm feeling a bit psychotic...

last year at this time, i was dealing with a separation and pending divorce. mediation - which, despite not having to pay exhorbitant lawyer fees (although i still spent 1500 bucks) - sucked. k was an exercise nut... over the top. and i was enjoying the peace from her nagging. meaning i was doing exactly nothing. enter august, though, when greenfish's exploits in the swimming pool convinced me to take up a childhood activity and a gym membership. followed by carrie's challenge in december to do a triathlon. and here i am...

today i signed up to do the boulder backroads half-marathon. if you've read this site (i know, that's you carrie and ashley), you know that i was never a runner. didn't actually pick up running until february - and that was only because i was doing a flippin' triathlon in june. never thought running was remotely fun and was never remotely motivated to run. and here i am, signed up, $65 dollars out-of-pocket, to do a half-marathon. in september. four weeks after tri number two...

semi-psychotic. but thanks to my training partner, my motivator, some footwear advice from everyone's favorite blogger, some inspiration, and a desire to prove to myself that i can do it - well, i'm gonna do it. and after last night's run, 13.1 doesn't seem unrealistic...

although psychotic is pretty close...

3 comments:

Carrie said...

at least you didn't link my name to semi-psychotic

greenfish said...

I can’t believe how far you have come. I know you would have never even imagined running a half marathon a year ago at this time. Awesome! And I am also happy I didn’t get linked to semi- psychotic.

Bolder said...

i think you'll feel a sense of accomplishment after that half.

i'm planning on running it too, although i may do a century instead.

thanks for the bloggy compliment, and for not linking me to semi-psychotic... i'm all about repetition!