06 July 2006

mission accomplished...

tonite was the real breakthrough. 10 miles, outside, 8:28 pace. i wanted to force myself to run at a bit slower pace (8:45ish), but i need to allow myself to practice this and get better. as it is, this is easily my furthest run and longest run (1 hour, 24 minutes). and while i started feeling it the last couple miles, i really felt pretty strong the whole way. next goal - half-marathon. and after that? i've never felt remotely compelled to run 26.2... but who knows? i've surprised myself quite a bit over the last 11 months...

downside? blisters. one, two, three new blisters. perhaps i should get something better than my 30-dollars-on-sale running shoes...?

2 comments:

Bolder said...

those are great times for the distance. you are a chariot of fire!

there's lots of good places to get an opinion on your running shoes... Boulder Running Company is easy here...

also, socks can be a big contributor to blisters! gots to have the right socks!!

www.wrightsock.com

are my favorites, but anything of that type will do you well!

Carrie said...

I wear two layers of socks with my trail shoes to avoid blisters. Asics are the absolute best for my feet. If you aren't spending close to $100 on running shoes- you probably aren't running in the right shoes. Always buy the current model shoe.