17 January 2006

resolute

around the time the new year came (a great big two weeks ago), i decided to find some resolve. i won't say i made resolutions because - well - that's a trigger word. a trigger for you-won't-possibly-do-that. so let's just say i searched for some resolve. except i didn't write them down. my resolve existed only in my head. i'm told that's not the best place to house resolve, though. for resolve sometimes requires the help of those around you...

so today, i resolve to make my resolve public (at least to the two other people who read this). i feels lame. but lame can be good. right? here goes...

today (well, 17 days ago, but today's easier to type) i resolve to go to starbucks (or any coffee/caffeine establishment) no more than three times a week. trust me, this is not as easy as it may sound...

today i resolve to eat out for dinner no more than once a week, and to eat out for lunch no more than twice a week. again, harder than you might imagine...

today i resolve to work out four days a week. maybe five. but not less than four...

today i resolve to at least consider a diet low in cholesterol. for i have high cholesterol. and, well, i want to be around for my little guy...

today i resolve to accept me for who i am. which is a pretty good guy. but not an everyman. i have to be okay with that. i really do...

today i resolve to brush ian's teeth before bed rather than in the morning. and, i guess, to convince him that water is the nectar of the gods as opposed to juice. oh. this is going to be a hard one...

today i resolve to make this a therapeutic place for me. to maintain this site as an outlet for my thoughts, for my hopes, and for my fear...

------------

okay. let's see how this goes...

2 comments:

greenfish said...

i have all the faith in the world in you. you can do all those things, and i will help keep you on track on some of those.

Carrie said...

geesh, I should just resolve to brush Denali's teeth period.