12 May 2007

yet another bust in the training schedule...

i was determined to get to training in earnest this weekend, since the coming month is pretty race-intensive and the only training under my belt is freakin' wildflower. i've got the boulder bolder 10k (with carrie and bolder) on memorial day weekend, and then the 5430 sprint triathlon (again with bolder) three weeks later.

of course, as seems to be the rule in 2007, my body has again conspired against me. i came home from CA to a little boy with a runny nose that soon morphed into a nasty cough, and yesterday it hit me - and hit me hard. phlegm-coated throat, sore and scratchy throat, same nasty cough. and zero energy.

i'm not afraid of self-medicating (at least of the over-the-counter variety), and i'm obsessive about the use of robitussin, tylenol cold, and dayquil to fight off every cold. this time is no different - except i may be more determined to let the low-strength chemicals do their work. i need to get better, because i'm sick and tired (no pun intended) of having an excuse not to train...

with no other races scheduled after june 17 (not yet, at least), this is the time for me to push myself. i just hope my body will allow that to happen...

No comments: