27 June 2006

a different kind of training...

the updates, they haven't been happening...

the cold that i wrote about in the last post? it's lingered. lingered now for - oh - two weeks. a deep, from-the-recesses-of-the-lungs cough. allergy-related nasal issues. fatigue. the race set me back a good week in my recovery, i fear. and since the race there have been exactly zero work-outs, knowing full well that any heavy cardio activity is only going to extend this cold. i'm cranky and generally not-much-fun to be around. cold, cold - please go away!

on a much different note, however, ian is in the midst of a life-changing event. an event that, when completed, will result in fewer necessary hand-washings on my part, and (i fear) an increased amount of small-load laundry washing. yes - potty training has commenced...

frankly, i've been dreading the potty training thing. i don't mind changing dirty diapers, really. and i have no clear idea how to go about doing it. carrie swears by the m&m method of training - with the results to prove it - but i'm not yet ready to use bribery. i'm counting on the peer-pressure and day-care-teacher-as-motivator methods. passing the buck - i know. but hey - they're practiced, right? today was ian's first trip to school wearing underwear - and the first thing he did was show one of his little buddies his scooby-doos. pride as motivator can't be a bad method either, i suppose...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

When pride wears off- try the m&m party.

Coco said...

from experience--competition helps too. My mom says I looked at my little sister one day and said "I'm not wearing diapers like that BABY" and a few weeks later me and the throne were best friends! on the other hand my mom had to put the training potty in front of the tv to get my little brother to go...good luck!!